Mindfulness Vs Meditation
Mindfulness is about
- Being present in the moment and paying attention to our day to day experiences (rather than focusing on the past or the future).
- Observing our senses, thoughts and emotions without judgement (helps cultivate stillness, peace, acceptance, clarity and focus).
- Becoming more self-aware by noticing our internal thoughts, feelings, emotions and responses to them (enabling more thoughtful choices, decisions & actions).
- Was traditionally used to reach a state of higher consciousness with good health just being a side effect.
- Has become an effective technique in treating a wide range of physical, mental and emotional stressors.
- Has many methods, techniques and styles – some specific to a spiritual or cultural tradition, time period, text, teacher or individual philosophy.
- Is a mental discipline.
- Is just one way to practice mindfulness – you don’t have to meditate to be mindful, but you do need to be mindful to meditate.
What we do
Mindfulness Meditation Workplace Workshops
Our 90 minute or 3 hour Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation workshops provide the basics of mindfulness meditation from the benefits and science behind it to posture, positioning, breathing techniques and body relaxation. These workshops can be held in your workplace or a venue off site, as well as virtual options. It can be tailored to various demographics and industries. View our Meditation Workshops page or Online Courses page (for live interactive Webinar options) for more information.
6 Week Mindfulness Meditation Program
Our 6 week Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners Program is for beginners or those wanting a more in depth guidance and knowledge of mindfulness meditation, as well as tips and assistance in establishing a practice. It covers a variety of techniques to give an overview and practical experience of each, to guide attendees to establishing their own practice using the technique/s they found the most useful and effective in meeting their goal for wanting to learn meditation. This program is available in 3 optons – Face to Face for a group booking of 6 to 12, Webinar Classes and an Online Course you can do at your own pace. View our Meditation Workshops page or Online Courses page for more information.
Mindfulness & Meditation for Teens
Our Mindfulness and Meditation Program for teens can be tailored for high schools and school camps. It incorporates mindfulness and meditation techniques, as well as simple yoga stretches to assist with managing stress and emotions, assist with body relaxation and restful sleep and increase self esteem, focus and concentration. Available for high school classes on the Sunshine Coast, e.g. as part of a My Journey or Health and Wellbeing subject or school camps. View our Meditation for Kids and Teens page for more information.
Mindfulness & Meditation for Kids Program
Our 8 week Mindfulness and Meditation Program for Kids is tailored for kids aged 8-11 and uses mindfulness and meditation techniques, yoga stretches and tactile activities to cultivate physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. In 2020 this program is only available as a DIY kit which can be purchased from our Facebook page.
Mindfulness meditation is about being aware of the present moment. By focusing on the here and now, we are able to suspend our thoughts, feelings, experiences and judgement, to bring about a sense of peace, clarity and self-awareness.” (Michelle Eckles)
Join Our Newsletter
'It is in the stillness that we find peace, acceptance, compassion, clarity, wisdom and ourselves.' Michelle Eckles