Mon, 05 June|
Maroochy Botanic Gardens (Tanawha)
Monthly Mindful Mondays
Join Michelle from Meditation Sunshine Coast once a month at the Maroochy Botanic Gardens in Tanawha for one hour Mindfulness and Meditation class. These are suitable for beginners or those wanting to gain a deeper understanding of these practices. Each month has a different topic and handout.
Time & Location
05 June 2023, 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Maroochy Botanic Gardens (Tanawha), Tanawha QLD 4556, Australia
About the event
Join me once a month in the botanic gardens at Tanawha for a one hour meditation class proudly presented as part of the Sunshine Coast Council’s Healthy Sunshine Coast program. Please also register for the program (no cost) here: - https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Living-and-Community/Community-Support/Healthy-and-Active/Healthy-Sunshine-Coast/Register-Now
In these monthly Meditation Classes held on the Sunshine Coast, you will learn how to:
- Reduce and manage stress
- Stop worrying about the past and the future
- Relax your mind and your body
- Sleep better
- Manage your thoughts and emotions
- Listen to and trust your intuition
MINDFULNESS IS ABOUT:
- Being present and paying attention to our surroundings - to detach from past and future thoughts, reduce obsessive worrying and overthinking, and prevent anxiety and depression.
- Observing our senses, thoughts, and emotions without judgment - this helps us cultivate peace, acceptance and clarity as we are not obsessing over what may be wrong, uncomfortable or unpleasant all the time.
- Developing self-awareness - being more aware of our thoughts, feelings, and emotions and how we respond to situations, helps us make more thoughtful choices and be more compassionate and empathetic to ourselves and others.
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION IS A:
- Way to practise being mindful.
- Method for achieving mental clarity and emotional calm.
- Mental discipline that requires focussed awareness.
- Technique that uses attention regulation such as focussing on the breath, senses or body sensations to train our minds to be present.
It's secular, practical, easy to learn and anyone can do it anywhere anytime.
In everyday life, meditation can help you to:
- Relax physically and mentally.
- Relieve stress and tension.
- Promote peaceful and harmonious relationships.
- Increase productivity at work and home.
- Improve performance in sport.
- Enhance focus and concentration.
- Cultivate self-confidence.
- Develop self-awareness and self-control.
- Identify unhealthy thinking patterns and replace them with more positive ones.
- Connect with intuition and insight
- Park in the bottom carpark.
- Enter the gardens on the bottom pathway where all the information posters are.
- Look for the green Healthy Sunshine Coast signs and Meditation Sunshine Coast signs.
- Walk along the path around to your right to the other side of the lagoon (you will pass toilets on your left).
- We will be in the Kurrajong shelter on your right.
- There will be a Meditation Sunshine Coast pull up banner sign in front of the shelter.
Feel free to message me with any questions you may have about starting a meditation practice.
Monthly Mindful Monday
June 2023$10.00+$0.25 service fee