Meditation Sunshine Coast was created by Michelle Eckles.
Through her own practice of meditation, Michelle overcame a challenging period of her life to emerge with a passion and dedication to teaching the techniques of meditation to both adults and children.
As a result of learning these methods, people become more present, aware and mindful, which in turn has endless benefits from learning to cope with stress and process emotions to increasing focus and creative abilities, being kinder, more thoughtful and less reactive.
With ongoing practice they will find that they can handle change, loss and disappointment without so much anger and fear, enabling them to respond more appropriately and responsibly to the difficulties they may experience in their lives.
Meditation isn't just about breathing and relaxation, it's a powerful life skill that if taught, especially at an early age, can increase well being, emotional intelligence and resilience - creating a ripple effect in our community and wider.
Meditation Sunshine Coast currently offers:
- Meditation for Kids Program
- Introduction to Meditation Program
- Introduction to Meditation Workshops
- Art Meditation Workshops
Michelle has completed the following education/qualifications:
- Level 1 "Connected Kids - Teaching Children Meditation" with Lorraine Murray (author, therapist & meditation teacher)
- Lisa Ford’s (Director at the Australian Centre for Holistic Studies) “Meditation for Children program”
- "Meditation Capsules: A Mindfulness Program for Children” with Janet Etty-Leal (author, speaker, educator, teacher & Meditation Association of Australia board member)
- “Mindfulness for Well being and Peak Performance” with Professor Craig Hassad & Dr Richard Chambers (Monash University)
- "Meditation Teacher Training - Module 1" (Mindfulness Based Stillness Meditation) at the Gawler Foundation
- "Advanced Certificate in Guiding & Teaching Meditation" through the Australian Centre for Holistic Studies